I have seen many different styles of plant hangers, some ceramic, some wood, some mason jar. The one I was most impressed with, and have only seen one of, was a plant holder made out of washboard. Since then I haven't been able to get it out of my head, and went on a quest for the perfect washboard.
The one on Etsy involved putting a screw through a small metal pot and through the washboard metal to attach the two pieces together. I decided to use a different method (that I saw on a different plant holder) involving a hose clamp.
Here's what I used for my design:
- Metal Washboard with vertical wood pieces
- 3 skinny half pint mason jars
- 3 hose clamps that fit mason jars with a little extra room
- 3 O Rings
- Hens and Chicks (or other succulents that don't require much water)
- Potting Soil
- Preferred hardware for hanging picture frames
I put the plant holder in the dining room where it will get a little bit of morning sun. The hens and chicks should be fine there, but if they need a little extra sun I can always take it outside from time to time.