Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Different Pace

The pace of life on the farm is very different than life in the city. I'm sure you've heard that before. It is so easy to get lost in what's going on outside, things that you never notice if you spend all of your time indoors. When I head outside to do something I'm sure it takes me twice as long because of the things I discover along the way. Every day there's something new or something changing and I'm learning very quickly to never go anywhere without my camera.

One of my favorite discoveries so far has been this tree. Someone planted trees to close to a fence line so the tree grew around the t-post and now the post has become a part of the trunk. I wonder how long ago that happened, how long it took to get that way?

Another great thing to discover are the living creatures on the farm. Some of them are a nuisance, but I find them all fascinating. One evening we walked up to the top of the property and along the canal. I found some very interesting things in the thistles and reeds that grow along the canal. Click on the images to make them larger so you can see what I found:


And the owls never cease to amaze. I go out every day in search of feathers, and every so often I get to see the owls. It never gets old. They are so beautiful. In flight, hiding in a tree, or perched on a fence post, I'm always intrigued by what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment